Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has letter-spacing (tracking) been dropped from Keynote 6?

I do not find this feature any more. This is a must especially because you run in to the trouble when open Keynote 5 -presentations. Some parts of the text is turned to extremely loose. I can no belive that tracking is gone, maybe I just can not find it from this new UI?

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 14, 2014 1:20 PM

7 replies

Mar 15, 2014 3:33 AM in response to Gary Scotland

So this is a known mishap? Sigh. Now my presentations do look quite amateurish typographic-wise, and the very reason to choose Keynote was pro-look. I have to write everything to a clean text box if I want to get rid of unwanted tracking. (This has to be something that is herited or converted wrongly from Keynote 5 -docs) There is really something odd going on at Cupertino.

Mar 15, 2014 1:01 PM in response to Gary Scotland

"use version 5 to update existing projects"

Sure. But if I update them in Keynote 5, I can not present them reliably with Mavericks. (I am sure it is common knowledge now that the VRAM-memory glitch prevents that.)

If I only had known better, I would have never updated my PowerBook to Mavericks, but when it was done just figured out that I will update my presentations to Keynote 6 and solve the problem this way.
What I should have done – and I recommend this to every one with the same situation (huge amount of complex presentations) – is downgrade back to 10.8 and work in Keynote 5 and re-consider the situation, lets say after 2015.

Now I just rework every other slide from scrath, I can not do it anymore, since 25 % of presentations are already upgarded to 6. Huge amount of otiose work.

Mar 17, 2014 6:05 AM in response to irrah

Found a simple work-a-round:

1) Find a text with uncorrect tracking

2) Create new text style just like it

3) Apply that style to the problem text bloc

4) Repeat, repeat etc

5) Case solved

This requires that every sentence must be in a style, but depending on ones workflow this is not problem at all, or then again, it can be.

Hope this helps brothers in arms.

Has letter-spacing (tracking) been dropped from Keynote 6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.