Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why doesn't siri talk her answers out

My friend here at work has the Android phone and he speaks into it to ask a question. His android comes back reading the answer out. Now I go and ask the very same question and siri says "let me take a look on the web" then displays the same answers on the screen as my friends phone reads it out. He is saying siri is garbage and that is why it won't work.

is this true?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 14, 2014 1:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2017 7:00 PM

I have an iPad and iPhone...I say "hey siri" and ask a question. The iPad speaks the answer while the iPhone just says "this is what I found on the web"

phone used to speak the answer. So it is not the question, since I am asking both the same question at the same time. Would be great if the phone read the answer since most likely it will be more useful since I can ask while driving and have it read the answer

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2017 7:00 PM in response to matt00

I have an iPad and iPhone...I say "hey siri" and ask a question. The iPad speaks the answer while the iPhone just says "this is what I found on the web"

phone used to speak the answer. So it is not the question, since I am asking both the same question at the same time. Would be great if the phone read the answer since most likely it will be more useful since I can ask while driving and have it read the answer

Mar 16, 2014 9:22 AM in response to funkyphil1974

Hey funkyphil1974,

Thanks for the question. Siri will read back dictated information when you use earphones or a headset:

When you use earphones or a headset, Siri reads back text messages and email messages that you've dictated before you send them, and it reads back the subjects of reminders before you create them. This is especially helpful when you're driving and can't see the screen.

via iOS: About Siri

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4992

Thanks,

Matt M.

why doesn't siri talk her answers out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.