Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HD (1280x720) files to SD (720x480) DVDSP compatible file

The old Compressor 3.5.3 supposedly would convert HD files to SD compatible format. How do I do this in Compressor 4? More importantly, how do I get into a format that is compatible with DVDSP. The last time I tried a .m2v file, it was rejected - incompatible format.

Mac Pro (Early 2009), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 14, 2014 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2014 3:41 PM

Add the 720 file. Add Output (Create DVD).

Select job. In the Inspector>Job, change Action When Done field to Do Nothing.

Select the MPEG setting and in Inspector>Video decide whether you like the stock settings – including bit rate. (I would lower them a bit myself if you need wide playability.) I would also raise the Resize Filter setting to Best.

It should do a very good job – no better, and no worse than C 3.5.

Don't know why DVD Studio Pro would reject an m2v output from Compressor. I'd need to look at the settings

Good luck.

Russ

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2014 3:41 PM in response to WilliamL

Add the 720 file. Add Output (Create DVD).

Select job. In the Inspector>Job, change Action When Done field to Do Nothing.

Select the MPEG setting and in Inspector>Video decide whether you like the stock settings – including bit rate. (I would lower them a bit myself if you need wide playability.) I would also raise the Resize Filter setting to Best.

It should do a very good job – no better, and no worse than C 3.5.

Don't know why DVD Studio Pro would reject an m2v output from Compressor. I'd need to look at the settings

Good luck.

Russ

HD (1280x720) files to SD (720x480) DVDSP compatible file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.