Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not all of my Photostream photos show up in the iPhoto Library

I have my iPhone WiFi-enabled so that photos are usually uploaded automatically to my iMac before I sync. They show up in Photostream but not all the photos show up in the iPhoto Library. When I go to edit one in Photostream, it takes me to a copy in the Library, but that's the only way I can locate it in the library - the missing photos don't show up in either Events or Photos.

I'm concerned that I'm losing some shots as Photostream rotates thru the most recent 1000 pics.

I'm on recent Mac OS and iOS, and have had Photostream enabled for almost a year...

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), 6 GB RAM

Posted on Mar 14, 2014 3:18 PM

2 replies

Mar 16, 2014 8:19 AM in response to LKHill

Hello LKHill,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

For more information, take a look at:

iCloud: My Photo Stream troubleshooting

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3989

I imported photos to iPhoto or Aperture from my camera, but I do not see them uploaded to the My Photo Stream album, though the service is enabled.

In iPhoto or Aperture, navigate to Preferences > iCloud (or Photo Stream). Ensure that Automatic Upload is enabled under My Photo Stream and that you have an active Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection. If necessary, review the instructions for troubleshooting your Internet connection on your Mac.

If Automatic Upload is not enabled, you can either enable it and import again, or manually add the newly imported photos to My Photo Stream in iPhoto or Aperture by dragging them into the My Photo Stream album in your Library.

iCloud: My Photo Stream FAQ

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4486

Have a nice day,

Mario

Mar 16, 2014 9:28 AM in response to LKHill

Check the sort options in the Events mode. Sort by Date - descending so the newest events will be at the top of the window. There's be a single event for each month titled like htis: Mar 2014 Photo Stream. All new photos added to the Photo Stream from your mobile devices in March will be imported into that event.

You can try the following to "jump start" the Photo Stream:

Disable Photo Stream in the System/iCloud preference pane

User uploaded file

and in iPhoto's Photo Stream preference pane.

User uploaded file

Reboot and reenable both respectively.

OT

Not all of my Photostream photos show up in the iPhoto Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.