Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why isn't my album artwork not matching on my iphone 5?

I've synced all my music to my itunes account to my iphone 5 and some of the artwork doesn't match the songs played. How can I correct this?

Gateway, Windows XP, ipod 2g

Posted on Mar 14, 2014 3:27 PM

4 replies

Mar 16, 2014 7:25 AM in response to tinajenn

Hello tinajenn,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

For more information, take a look at:

iTunes: Album art may not download properly

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1815

iTunes will only download album artwork for songs that it can find in the iTunes Store. iTunes will check each song in your iTunes library and attempt to match it up with a song in the iTunes Store. If the data matches, iTunes will download the album artwork from the iTunes Store and add it to the song in your iTunes library. If iTunes does not find a particular song's artwork in the iTunes Store, you will not see an alert message. iTunes simply does not download artwork for that song.

Have a nice day,

Mario

Mar 16, 2014 6:38 PM in response to mario49

I do understand that iTunes will match the artwork to the artist if it's found in iTunes but that's not my problem. It's taking artwork that's already been previously found after I sync or back up and attaching it to songs that I already have. It's doing it with songs I've purchased through iTunes and songs I've downloaded off CD's.

Apr 14, 2014 9:56 AM in response to tinajenn

I am having the same problem. I added about 20 new songs on iTunes from my phone and the artwork all matched then, but when my husband plugged my phone into my computer and synced it so he could family share my new songs, it messed up a lot of the artwork. Now I have songs that I put on my iPhone from a CD that has the wrong artwork and some of the songs I purchased directly from iTunes has the wrong artwork. What do I need to do to fix it...??? HELP!!!

Why isn't my album artwork not matching on my iphone 5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.