Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ios 7.1 battery draining so fast

After updating to 7.1 battery is draining fast

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 14, 2014 3:48 PM

8 replies

Mar 15, 2014 3:56 AM in response to Appar

Both mine and My wife's iPhone 5 phones are not displaying the battery drain level properly. Yesterday, her phone said 1%, we waited for hours to let it die to power cycle, and it would not die; finally I plugged it in and the indicator shot up to 30%. It's similar on my phone too, and we had no problems before updating. My iPhone 5 is brand new too.

Mar 15, 2014 1:10 PM in response to Appar

Diesel says, "The vast majority of users are not experiencing issues." As if that makes it a non-issue for the thousands who are having a very real problem.

My iPhone 5 battery had its last full charge six hours ago and when I picked it up for the first time 10 minutes ago, the battery level was down to 67%. After 10 minutes online trying to see if I was the only one having this issue, it is now at 59%. And yes, I have turned off all app refresh, background runners, notifications, locators (other than Safari and maps) and the only push I receive is from one email address. Everything else is manual. So now what used to be a very usable device for passively receiving information is mostly operator initiated retrieval. And yet, my battery is still (now 58%) only able to keep its charge for 12 hours (on standby)? Are you kidding me?

And you expect me to have to restore my phone after every lousy, meaningless software update? Outrageous. And why is everybody left to their own devices and (57%) and discussion boards to finding a solution to this absurdity? Where is Apple leadership, or even a single Apple voice speaking to its user community?

To me that is an utter failure of leadership. (56%). Seriously, looks like only 30 minutes of actual live use time today...

Ios 7.1 battery draining so fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.