Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Auto Fill Freezes and Malfunctions

This is the 2nd or 3rd time I have asked up on this problem. No responses previously, although several others wrote to say that they are experiencing the same problem with Safari Auto Fill with Mountain Lion.

Here's problem: I have autofill set on Safari. As I start to type in a form, eg, name, address, email, the small auto fill pops up. I click on it. It turns color, from wihite to blue. And then does nothing more happens, no autofill, and worse, the autofill screen stays there, on top of the open page. On my screen, not the website page. If I close the page, the blue popup screen reamins. No matter which safari page I go to, the blue popup screen stays on top of the page, frozen in place. I can neither move nor close it. As a result have no benefit from autofill. So, I have no use of autofill. This problem started after I upgrade to Mountain Lion, on 2 computers, a MBA and an iMac. Same thing happens with Autofill on both computers.

iMac (20-inch Early 2008), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), and Macbook Air (10.8.5)

Posted on Mar 14, 2014 5:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2014 6:42 PM

This issue seems to be caused by a bug in OS X 10.8. I haven't seen any reports of it in OS X 10.9, so you could consider upgrading. The upgrade is free. Back up all data and be prepared to restore if you decide you don't like the results.

2 replies

Mar 15, 2014 8:14 AM in response to Linc Davis

Because of this problem, and the overall sluggishness of both MBA and iMac since upgraded to Mtn Lion, I've been afraid to try Maverick. In thread on previous post, several others said tha also afraid to try Maverick, although one had, and said so far so good.

But you are probably correct. I am well backed up and will start upgrade with one mac at a time.

Thank you.

Auto Fill Freezes and Malfunctions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.