Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7.1 Swiss Holidays Calendars

This new feature of iCal is working differently on my iPhone 4S than on my iPad. On both, I have selected General > International > Regional Settings "Switzerland". On the iPhone, the Swiss Holidays calendar is named "Schweizerische Feiertage" and the names of the holidays appear in iCal in German. On the iPad with the same Regional Settings the name of the Swiss Holidays calendar is "Jours fériés suisses" and the names of the holidays appear in iCal in French. In both cases, the names of the months and days appear in English, as per the setting General > International > Language . I want the names of the holidays to appear in German on the iPad, as I live in the German speaking part of Switzerland. I don't see why I can't choose the holiday calendars I want to have displayed. It would be useful to have US and Swiss holidays displayed, since I have relatives in the US.

Richard

Posted on Mar 14, 2014 6:21 PM

3 replies

Sep 22, 2014 7:11 AM in response to Richard Liu

I had the same problem, only I have the german calendar instead of the french one and have no idea how to change it. The solution proposed below doesn't work since I already have everything in my phone in French (Suisse) and nothing related to german (since I don't speak it and don't understand a word). I also tried to move my date and location settings from automatic Zurich time zone to manual Geneva time zone. Didn't work...

I'm saying that I had the same problem because a couple a days ago the calendar changed in Italian for no reason what so ever...

Oh, since we are here, anyone knows how to change the language of my apple account from german to english/french? It was an automatic setting for some reason and I have no idea how to change that.

iOS 7.1 Swiss Holidays Calendars

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.