Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 battery draining quickly since updating to iOS 7.x

Ever since I upgraded to iOS 7.x, I have had nothing but horrible battery life. I have had consistent issues with the phone dying at 20% battery and have even experienced times when the battery is at 35% and the phone immediately dies after being in airplane mode. I have disabled all of the neat features in iOS 7, such as background refresh, active wallpaper, location services and so on. I even make sure to close apps out constantly. Another thing I have done is disabled cellular data when I am at home so that my phone is not pinging the network as much. With all of this, I still have horrible battery life. iOS 6 was a thousand times better and most of the time I was able to get 2 days worth of use on a single charge. Now I am lucky if I get 5 hours at night. Is there anyone else that has this issue and know of a workaround? I welcome any input.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 14, 2014 5:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2014 10:09 PM

I have also tried using a very low brightness, within reason, and it has not changed the battery life too much. This OS is appealing, but somewhere in the background it is sucking juice like crazy.

8 replies

Mar 15, 2014 4:09 AM in response to inbrightestday

inbrightestday wrote:

phone said 1% for hours; we were hoping to power cycle but it would not die. I finally plugged it in to charge and the battery immediately shot up to 30%. Something in the new version, not a hardware issue.

No, it is not a hardware issue. It is simply a battery display issue. A reset or restart of the device typically resolves the issue.

iPhone 5 battery draining quickly since updating to iOS 7.x

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.