Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

uninstalling vidx

I apologize in advance, I am new to Mac.

Recently while trying to download shows and movies from the internet i downloaded a software/plug-in (not sure what it is) from the internet called vidx. it didnt work, so i downloaded something else that now works fine. A few days after downloading it i noticed ads hosted by vidx on twitter, youtube, google, etc. There are also ads just popping up out of no where. It is making things run slowly at times and certain pages wont open at all.

I tried to get rid of it, but it is still here! i dragged all the files to the trash... ametures way of doing it im sure.

Does anyone have an idea of how to unistall this from my mac?

thank you!!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 14, 2014 6:45 PM

6 replies

Jun 17, 2014 9:25 PM in response to maddiearbuckle

I had exactly he same on my Mac, after installing VIDX.

I found this link:

http://www.thesafemac.com/art/

and downloaded the softwear (script) and ran it!

I have to admit it didn't look very professional, and giving an AppleScript admin permisions was a little stupid of me, BUT it did detect the softwear that was added to Safari, Chrome and Firefox.

I didnt even know VIDX was the culprit before this, so I am pretty happy it has worked OK, but please use at your own risk.

All I can say, is it worked OK for me, but I only did it 1hr ago.. Who knows!

Good luck

Roy

uninstalling vidx

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.