Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5S won't synch w Fitbit Flex

I bought a Fitbit Flex today and it synchs nicely with my MacBook Air but not with my iPhone 5S. The phone's bluetooth setting is On but it doesn't see any devices and just keeps searching. The Fitbit app however, thinks the bluetooth setting is Off. I have the latest version of iOS. I just updated it yesterday.

I've gone through all the trouble-shooting steps suggested by Fitbit: resetting the tracker, relaunching the app, setting up the Fitbit as a new device again. To no avail.

Any suggestions?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 14, 2014 8:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2014 8:56 PM

I have the flex also. Did you charge all the way?

In order to get the flex to sync with your phone, turn on Bluetooth, hold close to the flex and tap flex to pair..

It will not auto connect like it will with the computer, you have to tap to get it to sync.

I love the vibrating alarm. It comes in handy when I need a quiet reminder.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2014 8:56 PM in response to leiladancer

I have the flex also. Did you charge all the way?

In order to get the flex to sync with your phone, turn on Bluetooth, hold close to the flex and tap flex to pair..

It will not auto connect like it will with the computer, you have to tap to get it to sync.

I love the vibrating alarm. It comes in handy when I need a quiet reminder.

Mar 14, 2014 9:58 PM in response to lizdance40

Thanks but unfortunately it didn't work. There are similar and very recent discussion threads on the Fitbit community board and apparently it's a problem with the app code not playing nice with Apple's bluetooth code. Seems like a fix is on the way, either in the next app update or something from Apple. At least it's not just me... I hate it when I get new technology and stuff doesn't quite work as promised.

Mar 14, 2014 10:01 PM in response to lizdance40

Thanks but unfortunately it didn't work. There are similar and very recent discussion threads on the Fitbit community board and apparently it's a problem with the app code not playing nice with Apple's bluetooth code. Seems like a fix is on the way, either in the next app update or something from Apple. At least it's not just me... I hate it when I get new technology and stuff doesn't quite work as promised.

Nov 3, 2014 9:11 PM in response to leiladancer

I'm going to guess you either have a bad FitBit (not likely if it syncs with your MacBook) or that there is a software glitch in your iPhone. It's unlikely that there is something wrong with the Bluetooth with your iPhone if it is working well with other devices.

You might try the following in this order:

1. Reset Network Settings (settings, general, reset network settings)

2. Back-up the iPhone, Reset it as New, Use the Back-up you just made to restore from back-up. The reason for the Reset as New is to get all the programming to be clean before you put the back-up on it.

3. Remember all your settings (use the free version of iexplorer to copy settings from some programs) and restore as new and start over. (This is the last ditch thing)

See if you can find someone else with an iPhone and see if the thing will be recognized and sync with their phone. If it does then you have confirmed that it is something your phone either software or hardware. If the above things don't fix it then hardware sounds likely and so I'd bring it to Apple Genius bar and tell them you did this (or call them that's faster)

iPhone 5S won't synch w Fitbit Flex

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.