Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop iPhoto crops photos when importing?

When importing photos from finder, iPhoto is randomly cropping the photos. Cropping appears very random - not all photos are cropped, and some are even cropped so that only a long narrow strip of the original photo is imported. It doesn't appear to be an issue of aspect ratio - sometimes it is the same aspect ratio but it just chooses to only import a small section of the original photo. I have tried importing the exact same photos on other computers with iPhoto and it works fine, so it doesn't appear to be a problem with the actual photos. I don't know why my version of iPhoto is doing this - I am running 9.5.1.

I can't see any settings to play with regarding the way iPhoto imports the pictures.... HELP!

Thanks 🙂

iPhoto '11, OS X Mavericks (10.9), iPhoto 9.5.1

Posted on Mar 14, 2014 10:29 PM

5 replies

Jan 9, 2015 12:46 AM in response to cadlet

I would like to add that my sister is having a similar problem. It is a mac mini running mavericks, brand new. (hence, no prior iPhoto library). Photos imported from hard disk are being cropped apparently randomly. Selecting the photos and "revert to original" seems to restore them, but it is an extra unnecessary step.

How to stop iPhoto crops photos when importing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.