Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP!! IPhone 4s will not turn on until i sync to iTunes but iTunes times out before finished

How do I get my phone to work again? I am haveing a couple problems with my Iphone 4s:

1) my iphone screne says i need sync it to Itunes (when the phone is on I get the usb to itunes screen and nothing else).

2)When I go to sync it tells me i need to do a restore to factory settings (I can't even restore to backup)

3) Everytime i try to do the restore to factory settings Itunes times out before the restore is commplte. I have tried doing a hard reset to the phone a couple of times but it did not work. I am syncing to a Macbook with the latest version of Mavrick and my itunes is up to date with 11.1.5.

Please help. My Iphone is as useful as a paperweight right now and I need to somehow get it to sync properly

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 14, 2014 11:08 PM

7 replies

Mar 15, 2014 9:02 AM in response to modular747

Yes, Itunes is up to date with 11.1.5.

My error message does not come with a number it just says:

'There was a problem downloading the software for the Iphone "Iphone" the network connection timed out. Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active, or try again later'

I have checked all network settings and it is all working properly. I have rebooted both my phone and computer several times, dobule checked that all software and itunes are up to date, etc but still get this error message when I try to sync. Right now I am unable to use my phone for anything as it is stuck on the screen to connect to itunes. Any suggestions?

HELP!! IPhone 4s will not turn on until i sync to iTunes but iTunes times out before finished

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.