Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bug: udating iPad to iOS 7.1 messed up fullscreen iPhone apps

After updating my iPad mini to iOS 7.1, native iPhone apps running fullscreen are messed up and show the signal, operator logo, time, and battery inside of the app itself on top, which it never did prior to 7.1. Previous versions of iOS 7.xx shows only the app in fullscreen, no indicators(logo, time, battery) at all. And on iOS 6, the native iPhone app would run fullscreen but the indicators would be on top on the black borders outside of the fullscreen app. There are native iphone apps and games like Vine, Paper, myATT that are not yet ipad compatible and this is a huge bug and a visual blunder. Has anyone else noticed this and is Apple going to fix this?

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 12:10 AM

13 replies

Mar 17, 2014 11:57 PM in response to viji_island

I'm having a problem with the fullscreen function when viewing videos on youtube through safari on my iPad Air.

When I tap the expand screen icon, the other thumbnails on the page disappear (whites out) but the viewing frame is unchanged and there is no fullscreen engaged whatsoever. Video remains of the same size.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Jun 26, 2014 7:46 AM in response to lizdance40

I don't know if you're not understanding the issue described in this thread or if you're just jumping in to defend Apple, but the problem here is not with the apps themselves. The apps ARE working as they are intended to work. The issue is apparently with the ios since 7.0.

I just bought an iPad last week. Before deciding to, I had done some research to simply see if iPhone apps will work on an iPad (since I had purchased dozens of musician apps for my iPhone already). The general consensus was "yes."

I couldn't see this issue until I actually started using my iPad. Some of my synth apps have menu bars across the top to access all the options. The time/battery/wifi status bar now blocks access to these menu options.

Apparently before the 7.0 update there was an option to choose to run iPhone apps at normal size or to fit the screen. This feature would have solved my problems, since I could access the top menus in a smaller size then enlarge it afterward. If they could just bring back that feature for those of us who own both iPads and iPhones I would be fine. I don't want to have to repurchase an app just to be able to access the options. Example: I had bought Animoog for iPhone at $19.99 already. iPad version...$29.99. No thank you.

Does this make sense?

Jun 26, 2014 10:17 AM in response to viji_island

iOS 7 ddid allow the display of the carrier, signal strength, Wi-Fi status, battery, etc. at the top of the screen. If a developer does not want this to show they need to tweak their app to hide it. It's unfortunate that an app will place content over the status icons. I believe though that most app have been updated to correct this problem or to hide the status display.

check the App Store to see if an update has been released.

contact the developer to see if they are aware of the problem.

Oct 28, 2014 4:36 AM in response to viji_island

I am using ipad 2 ios 7.1.2 and have just had this same problem. I bought the App named "Argon Synth". In the secription it clearly says it is compatible with ipad. Anyway, I can not get to the top part of the app to make important changes to the synth as the status bar is in the way. I do believe this app is ptimozed for iphone and I would not have bought it if it did not state that it works on the ipad. I have other apps that I am pretty sure were for the iphone but this issue has not come up so far....maybe because I just have not been around long enough. I sure would like to know how to get the status bar to move out of the way for this app. thanks. Oh. I did send a email to the maker of the app as well.

Bug: udating iPad to iOS 7.1 messed up fullscreen iPhone apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.