Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7.1 - no music through bluetooth

Having upgraded the software on my iPhone 5 to IOS 7.1, I can no longer play music through my portable bluetooth speaker (a Jabra Solemate).

The phone will connect without a problem, and te speaker confirms this.

However when playing music, it comes through the phone speaker, not the Solemate.

In all other regards, the Solemate is working fine.

My MacBook connects and plays through it, as does my wife's iPhone (running IOS 6)

Am I missing something, or is this a new bug introduced in the upgraded software ?

Geoff

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 2:11 AM

4 replies

Mar 15, 2014 2:30 AM in response to GeofC

just tested with my nokia hb-503 a2dp headset

and it works fine with music on my iphone4 with ios7.1

what you describe is what would happen if the headset supported the and ctp not the ad2p profile

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_profile

if I were you then I would try to make the phone forget the headset under bluetooth devices

put the headset in discovery / pairing mode and reintroduce it to the iphone

Mar 15, 2014 2:39 AM in response to Rudegar

Thanks for the suggestions.

The speaker has been working perfectly with the iPhone up until the upgrade, so I am happy that the protocol is supported. I have tried to de-pair/re-pair technique, unfortunately that didn't make any difference.

I know that there are problems with IOS7 pairing to car bluetooth kits - I can't help wondering whether this is happening with some speakers now

iOS 7.1 - no music through bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.