Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get FaceTime application?

Hi guys!

My question is how can I get FaceTime application on my iphone which I bought in UAE? Salesman in official Apple store told me it's possible to have it if I'll turn my iphone for the first time in my country. I did so, but FaceTime is still missing. Is there any possibility to install it? Thanks!

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 3:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 3:02 AM

You can't. UAE restricts it so all devices sold there do not have it, and can never install it. Sorry.

2 replies

Mar 15, 2014 4:54 AM in response to gabbie_

Well, I am afraid that the Salesman in the Apple store told you something that was not true and totally incorrect facts and they should have know better.

FaceTime is banned in the UAE by the Middle Eastern Governments and if the phone does not have FaceTime on it, then you can never get FaceTime on that phone.

If you want FaceTime on your phone, then you'll have to sell it and buy a new phone from a country that does not restrict FaceTime.

How can I get FaceTime application?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.