Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ditching Feedburner?

When I set up the feed for my podcast (about five weeks ago), I knew less than I know now, and I used Feedburner to create my feed. Now, I see that because I'm using PowerPress with WordPress, I didn't need to do that. I could go with the feed PowerPress provides. I'm finding that Feedburner is not the really best option for me. For example, the name of my podcast is wrong in iTunes and I can't seem to correct it on Feedburner.

So, I'm thinking about ditching Feedburner. I only have a handful of subscribers, but I don't really want to loose them! I've done some research, and I know that I need to add a line to my original feed to redirect to the new feed (If I decide to move). I don't think I have access to the Feedburner feed to edit it.

Any suggestions? I'd love to hear them!

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 3:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 3:35 AM

I assume that you mean you constructed the feed from scratch in Feedburner, not submitted a feed made elsewhere to it for it to then pass on to the Store.

I don't know whether Feedburner provides the facility to migrate to another feed by inserting the 'itunes:new-feed-url' tag. You would have to look in their documentation.

If they don't, you could try emailing Support at podcasts 'at' apple.com and asking them to move it - give them the iTunes Store URL and that of both feeds. I can't promise they will, but they have been known to.

Of course if you had in fact submitted another feed to Feedburner you can (if possible) add the tag to that feed (details here) - the tag will then appear in the Feedburner feed and the Store will be transferred to the original (where the tag will still be in place but as it's redirecting to itself that doesn't matter).

Before you do any of this, confirm that the new feed works properly by subscribing manually to it in iTunes (from the 'File' menu' - if it has any problems you don't want to transfer to it until you've corrected them.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2014 3:35 AM in response to cjlantier

I assume that you mean you constructed the feed from scratch in Feedburner, not submitted a feed made elsewhere to it for it to then pass on to the Store.

I don't know whether Feedburner provides the facility to migrate to another feed by inserting the 'itunes:new-feed-url' tag. You would have to look in their documentation.

If they don't, you could try emailing Support at podcasts 'at' apple.com and asking them to move it - give them the iTunes Store URL and that of both feeds. I can't promise they will, but they have been known to.

Of course if you had in fact submitted another feed to Feedburner you can (if possible) add the tag to that feed (details here) - the tag will then appear in the Feedburner feed and the Store will be transferred to the original (where the tag will still be in place but as it's redirecting to itself that doesn't matter).

Before you do any of this, confirm that the new feed works properly by subscribing manually to it in iTunes (from the 'File' menu' - if it has any problems you don't want to transfer to it until you've corrected them.

Mar 15, 2014 4:47 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thanks, Roger, for the information!

I used Feedburner to construct my feed from scratch. I don't think I have the ability to add a tag to my feed. In fact, I can't even find a lot of Feedburner documentation. Nor can I find an email address to submit a question directly. They use Google groups as their help forum, and it does not seem to be well visited. Another reason to ditch Feedburner?

I'll try emailing Support as you suggested, and I'll keep my fingers crossed! If I don't hear from them in a few days, I'll try something else!

Thanks again!

Ditching Feedburner?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.