Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod touch 4th gen won't come up on iTunes?

My iPod touch will not come up on my iTunes when I connect it. It comes up on the my computer devices as 'Apple Ipod' and gives me the option to import photos and looks like it's in 'disk mode'. But I've restarted the whole thing and reconnected to different USB ports and it's still not appearing in iTunes. I've also updated the disk driver thing and that's not worked. I've definitely made sure the iTunes is up to date 11.1.5.5 . I updated my ipod after this in case it was something to do with updating but it still did nothing. I really want to sync my iPod but it simply won't come up on my iTunes at all, not even as a wi-fi sync option. Please help?!!

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 3:41 AM

1 reply

Mar 15, 2014 3:49 AM in response to thegoodyouth

See

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows

- I would start with

Removing and Reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows XP

or

Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

However, after your remove the Apple software components also remove the iCloud Control Panel via Windows Programs and Features app in the Window Control Panel. Then reinstall all the Apple software components

- New cable and different USB port

- Run this and see if the results help with determine the cause

iTunes for Windows: Device Sync Tests

Also see:

iPod not recognised by windows iTunes

Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates

- Try on another computer to help determine if computer or iPod problem

iPod touch 4th gen won't come up on iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.