Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have changed my apple ID on my computer but cant change it on my iphone or ipad... please help?

i am trying to find out how i delete my apple id from my iphone and ipad and register a new one? can anyone help?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 6:54 AM

3 replies

Mar 15, 2014 7:08 AM in response to Christine Alderson

As ckuan says all content purchased or downloaded with the old Apple ID will always be associated with that old ID. So to update apps you will need to enter the password for that old ID. If you want to avoid this your only alternative is to delete those apps and download them again with your new Apple ID. But this will remove all content of the apps from your phone and you will have to pay again for any apps the have a fee.

i have changed my apple ID on my computer but cant change it on my iphone or ipad... please help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.