Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i updated my iphone 4 to the latest ios7 n ever since i upgraded i dont have service

i updated my iphone 4 to ios 7 n kn i have no service

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 7:53 AM

2 replies

Mar 17, 2014 1:49 PM in response to deramus

Hello deramus,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

For more information, take a look at:

iPhone: Troubleshooting No Service

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts4429

1. Toggle airplane mode: Tap Settings > Enable Airplane Mode, wait five seconds, then turn off airplane mode.
  2. Turn iPhone off and then on again.
  3. Remove the SIM card and verify that it's a valid, carrier-manufactured SIM. Also verify that it isn't damaged, worn, or modified. Then reinsert it.
  4. Check for a carrier-settings update. Connect to a Wi-Fi network. Then tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, iOS will ask you if you want to install it. If Wi-Fi isn't available, connect your device to iTunes.
  5. Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
  6. Reset network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will reset all network settings, including Bluetooth pairing records, Wi-Fi passwords, VPN, and APN settings.
  7. Restore the iPhone.

Have a nice day,

Mario

Mar 19, 2014 12:07 PM in response to deramus

I'm having the same issue on my iphone 4S since upgrading to IOS 7.1, and it's not just me and you, I've found a lot of people in the Internet with the same problem.

At first I thought is was a carrier problem and I even changed my Sim card for a new one, but it didn't solve the problem.

Then I put my sim card in another phone and it worked just fine, so I tried:

Reset network settings,

Reset all settings,

Restore my phone with the previous backup,

Restore my phone as new

And any of these worked for me. After almost losing hope I turned off my 3g connection and the signal came back, even when I was using wi-fi. Also the battery life is a million times better.

So I called apple support and they told me that it seams to be a hardware malfunction and because my guarantee is expired I have to pay to get it changed for a new one.

I think they don't know what they are doing and don't know how to fix it so it's easier to blame the hardware and charge us for they mistakes.

I'm still waiting for some update to solve my problem because before the update 7.1 I had a perfect functional phone.

i updated my iphone 4 to the latest ios7 n ever since i upgraded i dont have service

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.