Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

open numbers 08

Hi, I recently upgraded to Numbers 3.1. I didn't have iwork '09. I used iwork '08 but upgraded to use icloud. I understand that Numbers cannot open spreadsheets from from '08. Since I don't have '09 and cannot get it, does that mean all of my spreadsheets are "stuck" in '08? Is there anyway to move them over? Or do I have to manually recreate them all?

macbook pro, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 9:23 AM

10 replies

Mar 18, 2014 5:56 AM in response to nroland

Thanks for the help, team. I worked with Applecare, and their workaround was to open the documents in '08 and export them to .doc/.xls and then open them in new Pages and Numbers. It is a bit tedious and some of the formatting is lost, but it is far better than rebuilding all of my work. I will also look into the trial verson of '09.

thanks!

Mar 18, 2014 10:19 AM in response to nroland

nroland wrote:

Thanks, Jerry. I agree, disappointing answer from Apple. I went ahead and ordered iwork '09 from amazon. I think it will be well worth it.

Nick

When you get your disk, Install it, but do not launch any of the apps until you have done a Software Update to bring the old iWork internals up to Mavericks compatibility. You will be in good shape after that update. Finally, keep track of which version of Numbers you are using, at all times. Unfortunately, it's all too easy to confuse them. None of the document versions are backwards compatible, so after you have edited a document in Numbers 3, it will no longer open in Numbers 2, etc.

Jerry

open numbers 08

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.