Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DOTA 2 - Mac Configuration ( HELP )

Hi.,

Guys., I've been running my DOTA 2 game using my MBP 15" Late 2011, and im having quite a lot of troubles when im in game. I guess it's fair to ask if it's actually possible to Play DOTA 2 with the current MBP that i have. Normally i play using PC and i never had any problems., it's only now that im out of the country to which i don't have a choice other than running the game with my laptop.

I did some google readings about the question i have, however im not familiar with the terms they use. for example ( FPS ).

Here are some additional information about the unit.

Processor : 2.4Ghz Inel ICore 5

RAm : 4GB 1333 Mhz DDR3

Graphics : Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

My default DOTA configuration is on LOW for ( AUDIO and VIDEO )., Im not concerned about the Heat of the fan while the game is running as i find it tolerable ( Playng Hours - Maximun 3 Hours.

My problem really is the amount LAG from 10 Minutes of playing onwards., and it gets worst inside the 60 minute mark.

Thank you..

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2014 12:04 PM

Hey there TakaGhun,

It sounds like you are getting some slowness on your computer when playing a graphics intensive game. Try these settings from the article named:

OS X Mavericks: If graphics-intensive tasks slow down your Mac

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH13952

If your portable Mac is slower than expected when you perform graphics-intensive tasks, such as playing games or editing video, open Energy Saver preferences. Depending on your Mac, you may see options that let you improve graphics performance in exchange for shorter battery life.

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Energy Saver.
  2. Do one of the following:
    • If you see Graphics options, select Higher Performance.You need to log out and then log in again for the change to take effect.
    • If you see the “Automatic graphics switching” option, deselect it.Your Mac will always use high-performance graphics.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2014 12:04 PM in response to TakaDhun

Hey there TakaGhun,

It sounds like you are getting some slowness on your computer when playing a graphics intensive game. Try these settings from the article named:

OS X Mavericks: If graphics-intensive tasks slow down your Mac

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH13952

If your portable Mac is slower than expected when you perform graphics-intensive tasks, such as playing games or editing video, open Energy Saver preferences. Depending on your Mac, you may see options that let you improve graphics performance in exchange for shorter battery life.

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Energy Saver.
  2. Do one of the following:
    • If you see Graphics options, select Higher Performance.You need to log out and then log in again for the change to take effect.
    • If you see the “Automatic graphics switching” option, deselect it.Your Mac will always use high-performance graphics.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

DOTA 2 - Mac Configuration ( HELP )

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.