Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use iCloud to stream videos to my iOS devices, similar to Apple TV?

Basically I want to know if it's possible to stream my video purchases from iTunes to my iOS devices the same way Apple TV does. And if connecting my iPod Touch to the same cloud would do the trick.

I tried using home sharing but it's not very practical since I have to leave my laptop on in order for it to work.

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 10:16 AM

You should be able to if your device is signed in with the Apple ID used to purchase the movies in Settings>iTunes & App Store, with Videos turned on under Show All. You should then be be able to open the Videos app, tap Movies, tap the one you want to play, then tap the play arrow.

Note: this has nothing to do with your iCloud account. This is a separate services called "iTunes in the Cloud", which is based on your iTunes Apple ID, not your iCloud account ID (although they may be the same).

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2014 10:16 AM in response to ZBugCrook

You should be able to if your device is signed in with the Apple ID used to purchase the movies in Settings>iTunes & App Store, with Videos turned on under Show All. You should then be be able to open the Videos app, tap Movies, tap the one you want to play, then tap the play arrow.

Note: this has nothing to do with your iCloud account. This is a separate services called "iTunes in the Cloud", which is based on your iTunes Apple ID, not your iCloud account ID (although they may be the same).

Can I use iCloud to stream videos to my iOS devices, similar to Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.