Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts from my iPhone not showing up in my Mac

Hello.

I owned a Mac before and when I entered my account information it imported ALL my iphone contacts. Now with my current Mac it shows only few of my contacts as icloud contacts and doesn't show the others. Can somebosy explain to me the difference and why most of my contacts are not on icloud and what I can do about it?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 10:17 AM

20 replies

May 28, 2017 10:25 AM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric

It seems like I forgot about that post since 2014. Any way I did try the recommended solution with no luck. I went back to iCloud.com to find that my iCloud contacts are still very few. When I opened contacts on the Mac I found the @me.com and under that "all google". Many of my contacts however were not in either of the two. I really appreciate any further help. I many times try to text while using my Mac and find it very frustrating when I don't find the contact.

Nov 11, 2014 5:57 AM in response to Eric Root

I've been having the same problems, but they only started recently.

When I logged into iCloud.com and tried to look at my settings / My Devices, I got the following:

YOU MUST BE SIGNED INTO iOS 8 or Yosemite ...

Because of all the problems I have been reading about, I have not upgraded to either system yet.

WTH? So if you don't upgrade, nothing works like it used to???

Nov 11, 2014 4:52 PM in response to an1980

If you look at your Phone under settings, mail,contacts,calendars you probably have two accounts. One is iCloud and then another like Yahoo. If you have Yahoo on and iCloud off any contact you enter on your phone will not show up on iCloud and then not sync with your Mac. You will need to turn off the Yahoo account and be sure iCloud is on for all future contact entries. You can also can move all your Yahoo account contacts to iCloud account if you have the time.

Nov 12, 2014 6:13 AM in response to tbirdvet

Well, you nailed that one, thank you.

I had 3 accounts checked off: iCloud, Yahoo and "From my Mac."

When I unchecked my Yahoo contacts from my iPhone, the contacts that were not syncing to my Mac disappeared from my iPhone - so that explains why some of my iPhone created contacts were not syncing with my Mac.

Thanks again.

However, this now begs some new questions:

1. What is iCloud trying to tell me regarding that message in my account that says I can't review my devices unless I have iOS 8 and/or Yosemite?
  2. When I am creating a contact, how can I tell if it is being saved in Yahoo or iCloud accounts?
  3. How can tell what account a contact is associated with by looking at a previously created contact?
  4. How can I transfer Yahoo contacts to iCloud?
  5. And when I look at the accounts checked off under 'accounts' on my iPhone Contacts, what the deuce does "From my Mac" mean and imply?
  6. Everything used to work fine when I first set up my iPhone and my Mac. What have I done to screw this up? lol

Nov 12, 2014 6:39 AM in response to KevinCanuck

The account that is on will save any new contact you enter. I have not found any easy way to transfer a contact from say Yahoo to iCloud unless I just redo the entry to the correct account. No way to tell by looking at the contact directly what account it is associated with. Not sure about your question #1. I do not use iCloud that much because my contacts on my Mac and iPhone are different so syncing is not an issue for me. The account on your iPhone that states from my Mac I suspect is the one that contains your contacts library on your Mac. I do not have that account. I think it all starts when you first set up your phone and iCloud syncing, etc. that these accounts get set up. I really only use iCloud for my phone to use "find my Mac" feature in case it gets lost. I always do my backups using iTunes to my Mac directly.

Feb 10, 2016 3:55 PM in response to tbirdvet

Hi! Please help if you can. Ill really appreciate!

I worked for a company for 8 years. All my contacts in the company Outlook are synced in my iPhone.

Now I dont work no more for that company. a few days ago I started to receive a PASSWORD message for my email (that meant my account was desactivated)

So I switched OFF MAIL under Settings\mail....\COMPANY ACCOUNT\ mail settings in my iphone 6 IOS9. now I dont see more email from my former company

I didnt switched off CONTACTS (is still in green). I still see all the contacts in the iphone. BUT cannot see ANY contact in iCloud.

Im afraid of switching off Contacts under "mails,contacts,calendar" in the corporate account because this may delete all my contacts.... Which I need!

The question is how can I maintain all these contacts in my iphone AFTER switching off the CONTACT switch belonging to the company account?

I hope I was clear....

thanks!!!!

marcelo

Contacts from my iPhone not showing up in my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.