Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Receive message after importing serveral songs from CD into iTunes (latest ver 11.1.5.5)... "Error occurred while converting the file 'songname'. The required folder cannot be found." CD/DVD ROM is no longer recognized until restart.

Consistently receive the following message after importing serveral songs from CD into iTunes (latest ver 11.1.5.5)...

"Error occurred while converting the file 'songname'. The required folder cannot be found."

CD/DVD ROM is no longer recognized until computer is restarted.

Windows 7

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 11:28 AM

1 reply

May 5, 2015 8:37 AM in response to Lale1

I have the same problem. I recently moved my music from a Vista PC to a new Laptop with an external CD drive. It will copy one song from the CD and it will show in the Music file and then I get the message ' Error importing a CD - Folder not found'. I must unplug the CD drive and plug it back in. I have seen no fix for this problem.

Receive message after importing serveral songs from CD into iTunes (latest ver 11.1.5.5)... "Error occurred while converting the file 'songname'. The required folder cannot be found." CD/DVD ROM is no longer recognized until restart.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.