Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone contacts partially missing

Help, is there a known issue with iPhone 4s and the recent IOS 7.1 update that would cause my contacts to reset to old data? I backup my contacts regularly and all were on my phone last night when I powered off. This morning, after powering on the phone, I noticed that my contacts appear to have reset to some arbitrary old date (roughly 1 year ago and all new contacts I've added since that date vanished. Also, text tones set have reset to default, even for the contacts that did not disappear. Is this an iCloud sync issue? Any one have a suggested fix?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1, Had all contacts last night

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 11:43 AM

12 replies

Mar 15, 2014 12:01 PM in response to DnalloH5

Did you try to log into iCloud on your computer and check if the contact info differs from the one on your phone?

If the contacts in iCloud are still correct, disable syncing contacts on the phone in Settings/iCloud, let the contacts get deleted and switch on syncing again after that. iCloud should sync the correct info after that.

Mar 15, 2014 12:39 PM in response to DnalloH5

Thanks for the reply. Actually, there is even less contact Dara on my iCloud account than is on my phone. It seems like Apple's server lost data or is perhaps down / partially offline. I receive notifications of when last auto contact backup has occurred and know that I also did a forced backup this year in Late Jan, but I'm missing contact data that was entered last Summer. Anyone else experiencing a similar issue?

Phone contacts partially missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.