Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete my icloud account?

Hi all. I'm a bit fed up with icloud so I'm trying to delete my account. However, it's not as easy as it perhaps should be. I have followed the steps to delete it on the settings of my phone (Settings -> Icloud -> delete) but it turns out that this only removes it from my phone. I can still login online and all my data is still there. Does anybody know how to actually delete the account itself?

Just to repeat to anybody who may think they've deleted their account by using the delete function on their iphone - the account is still open with all your details online at icloud.com.

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 11:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 12:18 PM

Since account is on Apple server, they would be able to delete your account - contact them. When you do say it is open - you are mistaken, it is protected by your user name and password. You can also delete all data yourself, but that takes some manual labor.

7 replies

Mar 15, 2014 12:29 PM in response to PaulPaulP

Your account still exists in iCloud so it can be re-used in the future if you want to ever do so. This is important as each device can only create a maximum of three iCloud accounts.

If you want to delete all your data from the account, you can do so as follows:

First go to Settings>iCloud on your device and confirm that everything is turned to Off, and that you are not syncing any data with iCloud before proceeding. (If you are, when you delete the data from iCloud it will also be deleted from your device and it will be lost.) When you turn these off, you will be given the option to keep the data on your device.

To delete your contacts, go to iCloud.com from your computer, log into your iCloud account and open Contacts, click on All Contacts on the left, to the right click on any single contact to select it, click on the Actions (gear shaped) icon at the bottom left and choose Select All, then press the Delete key on your keyboard.

For Calendars, open your calendar on icloud.com, click Edit on the bottom left, then tap the minus sign to the right of each calendar to delete it.

For Notes, open notes on icloud.com, click on each note on the left, then click Delete at the top to delete it.

For Reminders, open reminders on icloud.com, click on each reminder and press your Delete key to delete it.

For Mail, open your mail on icloud.com, click each folder on the left (such as your inbox), click on a single message to the right, press Control-A on your keyboard to select them all, then press your Delete key. Repeat this for each of your mail folders except Trash. When finished, click on the actions (gear-shaped) icon on the bottom left and select Empty Trash.

If you also want to delete your iCloud backups you can go to Settings>iCloud>Storage & Backup>Manage Storage on your device, tap the name of your device under Backups, then tap Delete Backup.

Nov 12, 2014 10:06 PM in response to randers4

I don't use iCloud but made the mistake of entering my email address after upgrading iOS. I have iCloud turned "off" on my iPhone 4S, but I get popup messages all the time, in the middle of other stuff and completely irritating, asking me to sign in. Can I get rid of this altogether please? All I need is "Find my iPhone"; other than that the Cloud can go take a running leap at itself as far as I'm concerned. Please help. Lensk

Nov 13, 2014 7:44 AM in response to lensk

If you are getting ongoing prompts for your password, go to Settings>iCloud, scroll down and tap Sign Out (or Delete Account if you don't have iOS 8), choose Delete from My iPhone (your data will still be in iCloud) and provide your password when prompted. Then sign back in (your data will download back to your phone) and turn on Find My iPhone again.

How do I delete my icloud account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.