Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs are downloading twice on my iPhone and I can't get rid of the duplicates?

I'm a relatively new iPhone user and I've been having a problem with song duplicates for the last two weeks. I've purchased a few songs from my iTunes Store app via my phone, but when I plug the phone into my Windows HP laptop, the song downloads twice. I tried manually deleting the duplicates from my phone, but when I do, the little iCloud download sign appears right next to the duplicate and the duplicate doesn't disappear. I've already unchecked the automatic syncing from iTunes to prevent this from happening again, but I just don't know how to effectively get rid of the duplicates from my iPhone. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 11:56 AM

A song with an iCloud icon has not been downloaded so cannot be deleted. You can prevent it from showing on the iPhone but you can't delete a song that has not been transferred from your iTunes library or that has not been downloaded from iCloud.

Any chance some of the songs were purchased twice - once in the past from a different album and again recently?

To prevent iCloud songs from appearing on the iPhone, go to Settings > iTunes & App Store and under Show All, turn Music off.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2014 11:56 AM in response to Martha243

A song with an iCloud icon has not been downloaded so cannot be deleted. You can prevent it from showing on the iPhone but you can't delete a song that has not been transferred from your iTunes library or that has not been downloaded from iCloud.

Any chance some of the songs were purchased twice - once in the past from a different album and again recently?

To prevent iCloud songs from appearing on the iPhone, go to Settings > iTunes & App Store and under Show All, turn Music off.

Songs are downloading twice on my iPhone and I can't get rid of the duplicates?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.