Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to install iTunes 11.1.5.5 x64 ERROR occurred during installation before iTunes could be configured.

I went to majorgeek.com and downloaded msicuu2 but this did not help. How do I clean windows installer?

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 11:26 AM

23 replies

Mar 16, 2014 11:09 AM in response to ljfowler68

That was for windows\system32 using scannow and showed 100% complete

Does it make a difference that Apple loads it into Program Files (x86)?

No, it should also be checking through your WOW64 subsystem (that's part of the operating system too).

Can you check something further for me, please? Create a new Windows user account with full administrative rights. Log out of your usual account and log into the new one. (Don't use fast user switching to move between accounts.)

Can iTunes launch in the new user account? (It'll show a blank library if it does, but that's expected. The content is back in your other user account.)

(Checking here to see if the issue is systemwide on the PC, or related to a specific user account.)

Mar 16, 2014 4:59 PM in response to ljfowler68

Very strange after doing that and ONLY that when I went back into my usual administartive account most of my shortcuts for programs (including all microsoft ) had been deleted from the desktop.

Not believing I closed down and restarted and they remain gone!

That is strange.

What version of Windows are you running? (XP, Vista, 7 or 8?)

Are the icons for the various programs still appearing in your Desktop menu?

Mar 16, 2014 6:43 PM in response to b noir

Windows 7

The programs are still there and some were in the top work bar on the desktop.

The icons for itunes is still there and won't open. Maybe I should just adopt the new administrative account and import what I use to that desk top since it looks like the integrity of my original administrative user count is slowly disintegrating?

Mar 16, 2014 6:55 PM in response to ljfowler68

I think first we should try something just to see if it gets the desktop icons back:

1. Right click the desktop

2. Select View -> Show Desktop Icon

3. Make sure the option is checked.

If they come back, I'd then proceed to the User-specific troubleshooting section of the following document:

iTunes for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8: Fix unexpected quits or launch issues

Do any of those measures get your iTunes launching again in your usual user account?

unable to install iTunes 11.1.5.5 x64 ERROR occurred during installation before iTunes could be configured.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.