Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto not automatically importing photos from iphone 5c after update

I ran the new update yesterday on my 5c. I have updated my imac as well. Normally, I just plug my phone into the computer and the new pictures pop up and then I can import them, but suddenly now I can't.

I am using Mac OS X version 10.6.8

iphoto version is 9.2.3 - which it says is the most current version.

Does anyone know what's wrong?

Thanks!

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 12:01 PM

10 replies

Mar 16, 2014 2:45 PM in response to FarmerAnne

I had the same issue in which Image Capture recognized my iPhone 5S, but it would not recognize that there were photos on it. Image Capture was showing zero photos on my iPhone.

I opened iPhoto and upon open iPhoto required a software update. Simply by updating iPhoto, image capture then recognized that my iPhone had photos on it.

Problem solved, albeit in an odd way.

Mar 21, 2014 3:30 AM in response to FarmerAnne

I found the answer on another discussion:

I figured out the fix for the Mac users having this problem. I connected my iPhone to my iMac and started iTunes. A dialogue came up in iTunes, I OK'd that and then OK'd the usual "Do you trust this Mac" that comes up on my iPhone.

Suddenly Image Capture launched itself and there were all my photos, ready to be downloaded.

This worked!

Mar 27, 2014 4:38 PM in response to Yer_Man

I am suddenly having a similar issue. I have an iMac running 10.9.2 and when I used to plug my iPad, iPod Touch or card from my camera - iPhoto would open and offer to import the images. Now iPhoto does not do any such thing.

I did open Image Capture per your suggestion above and had my iPad plugged in and also the card in the side of my iMac from my camera and Image Capture did not recognize any devices.

When I used the Import option in iPhoto I was able to find the images on the disc and import them.

In iPhoto preferences I have "Connecting camera opens iPhoto". Don't see a setting for the iPad or iPod Touch.

I fixed my Permissions just now with Disk Utilty. Any suggestions?

Thanks

iphoto not automatically importing photos from iphone 5c after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.