Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way for me to choose which email address Safari Autofill uses?

Data

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 12:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2014 11:04 AM

Yes, if you go to Settings, Safari, then select 'Passwords and Autofill'. You can select the contact info for the Autofill feature. If you select a contact with more than one email, it will use the first email under that contact's information. So, you might need to change the order of the emails listed.

Hope that helps.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2014 11:04 AM in response to ronfrommchenry

Yes, if you go to Settings, Safari, then select 'Passwords and Autofill'. You can select the contact info for the Autofill feature. If you select a contact with more than one email, it will use the first email under that contact's information. So, you might need to change the order of the emails listed.

Hope that helps.

May 25, 2014 8:36 AM in response to ronfrommchenry

I think I've finally figured it out. Hopefully this will help people who have the same problem that you do, even though you may have resolved it. These are instructions for a desktop, not an iPhone, BTW.

Chances are you'll have more than one contact card for yourself in Contacts.

Choose one with the email address you'd like to use.

Go to menu item Card.

Choose "make this my card."

A little person icon should appear by your name in the list.

I think this will do it.

Jan 1, 2016 11:55 AM in response to ronfrommchenry

ronfrommchenry wrote:

No - Safari selects them by their label in alphabetical order. The only way you can influence the selection is by changing the labelling, e.g. change the label form "home" to "aaaa" to force it to be the first thing in the list; however, you will need to completely clear Safari's cached information for this to take effect.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.