Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Total number of photos in library?

How can you locate the number of total photos in your entire library? It tells me the total number per project created or album but I was curious if there was a way it can tell me how many photos I have all together.

iMac, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 12:48 PM

2 replies

Mar 15, 2014 2:19 PM in response to DVX100Shooter

Select the "Photos" container near the top of the Library Inspector. Set the Browser filter to "Show All".

If you stack your Versions, collapse Stacks. The number of items reported in the status bar of the Browser is the number of Originals in your Library.

Expand all Stacks. The number of items reported in the status bar of the Browser is the number of Versions in your Library.

HTH,

--Kirby.

Mar 15, 2014 2:27 PM in response to DVX100Shooter

In addition to Kirby's method, another way to do this is to hold down the "option" key when starting Aperture. In The "Which library...." dialog, the number of total versions along with the number of originals, is listed for the selected library towards the bottom of the dialog.

Neither approach is very convenient. Why they just don't diplay the totals next to "Photos" in the library panel is a mystery.

Total number of photos in library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.