Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes keeps updating

I have updated automatically (through Mac OS X App Store Update) to iTunes 11.1.5, but for the last week every day the App Store reminds me that a "new" version of iTunes (11.1.5) is out and I need to update, even though I just did the day before. When I launch iTunes it loads fine and tells me it is 11.1.5. How can I stop this update process that has started to run amok?

Many thanks for any guidance...and yes, using latest Mac OS X 10.9.2 on late 2013 MacBook 13" Retina.

Best,

VMS

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 12:36 PM

7 replies

Apr 4, 2014 11:20 AM in response to Viktor Mayer

Hi,

We have this issue with iTunes 11.1.5 too (UK) on a MacBookPro Retina and two different types of MacBookAir. Over three computers, that suggests that the common link is the App Store, doesn't it. It downloads and updates every day since the update to 11.1.5 (I can see it going back on all three machines until at least 24 March) repeated in the list of updated apps, but every day it appears at the top again as a repeat.

All other apps update just fine.

Best.

Apr 4, 2014 11:36 AM in response to emmotive

Further to above, did a restart and cmd R on every machine and started Disk Uitlity from there.

Verify Disk Permissions returned ON ALL THREE machines -

User differs on "Applications"; should be 0; user is 501.

Followed by a long list which seemed to be focused on the iBooks folder (iBooks is something that this update claimed to resolve in some way).

Have Repaired DIsk Permissions on each machine, so if I don't update agin, it can be assumed this was a fix - at least for me across three different Macs.

iTunes keeps updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.