Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mavericks download was interrupted and will not resume

I'm upgrading from 10.6.8 that is current and updated to Mavericks. I began the download, all was well until about 3/4 the way through and my internet connection was interrupted. I received a warning window saying that the download was interrupted and I lost my internet connection. I reconnected to the internet and I cannot seem to get the download going again. The app icon that was downloading on my icon bar is no longer there, the App store does not give me the option to resume the download, I've followed multiple walkthroughs detailing how to restart an interrupted download to no avail. The App store 'purchases' tab has OS X Mavericks on it with the option to download and nothing else. I've clicked the download button to either restart or resume and I get the gray wheel of fortune and when that stops spinning, nothing happens. The gray download button turns white while the grey wheel of fortune is spinning but shortly afterwards it returns to a dark gray. I've navigated back to the OS X Mavericks page and the download option says 'downloading' but as far as I can tell, nothing is happening. I have no icon on the launch bar showing that it is downloading and my network monitor does not show that I'm downloading anything. Also, going to the 'my account' tab in the App store and looking for 'hidden downloads' is unsuccessful. When I open the 'my account' tab, I don't even have the option to view any downloads, only account information and my account nickname.

For reference, I'm deployed over seas with a poor internet connection. This is now day 3 of trying to download OS X Mavericks, so any help would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 1:20 PM

There are no replies.

Mavericks download was interrupted and will not resume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.