Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i get my reply messages sent on machine 1 to show up on machine2?

i have a imac as my main machine #1, and macbook pro as travel machine #2 - used infrequently.

all are os 9.2.2 and run mail and verizon pop under same pop account

i would prefer imap, but verizon does not support it.

when on travel i would like my replies sent from 2 to automacally be available on the sent mail folder of 1 - and vice versa.

i reviewed my mail preferences mail pref > accounts > mailbox behaviors

i have checked the "store sent messages on the server"

deselect messages never?

note - my inbox is always duplicated on both machines.

right now when i receive a message from 2 or 1 both maches show it in the inbox.

i would like to set up the same thing for sent mail.

thanks - j

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 2:29 PM

3 replies

Mar 15, 2014 2:41 PM in response to Joe Matney

Go to verizon mail on their website and forward your messages to your iCloud. You'll want to delete the message after it's forwarded or you'll POP account may get to full over time. With iCloud now managing your mail, you'll be able to send and recieve from multiple macs, iphones, ipads, ...

IMHO, pop accounts should be nothing but forwarding stations for real IMAP accounts.

Mar 15, 2014 3:15 PM in response to Joe Matney

Not sure if this will satisfy your requirement.

My main Mac is iMac, secondary Mac is an iPad. When I reply to an incoming email on my iPad I just CC/BCC to myself and then my reply is sent to my iMac as well as the recipient [and vice cersa of course]. So I then have a copy of my reply on both Macs. My mail is POP but I don't see why that would not work as IMAP.

how do i get my reply messages sent on machine 1 to show up on machine2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.