Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to redeem a gift song sent from mexico?

Hello,

My nephew this morning bought a song from me in iTunes. He is in Mexico, but for some reason when I try to download/redeem the gift it doesn't work, saying the code is valid only for customers of mexico store

all help is appreciated

monica

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 3:09 PM

4 replies

Mar 15, 2014 3:54 PM in response to monica-canada

He can re-gift it to someone else who is using the Mexico iTunes store. He needs to sign into his iTunes account, and go to his Account Information page. Under Purchase History he will see a section called Gifts with an option to click on Manage Gifts.

He will see a list of gifts he has sent. If he clicks on the one he sent to you, since you have not redeemed it, it will show a box with the recipient name on it, and will let him change it to any other email address he wishes to:

User uploaded file

The reason you cannot send gifts to recipients using other iTunes stores, is because the item sent may or may not exist in your store. Also, there are restrictions for content in many countries.

Sorry 😟,

GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.