Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my IPad recognize that it is being charged?

My IPad has been having troubles for the last few months with charging. I put in the charger and it doesn't charge. So I fiddle around with the chord a bit and it starts to charge. Now my IPad ran out of charge completely and automatically shut down and as usual I plugged it in. I had it plugged in for around 14hours. It has not charged one slight bit. I tried plugging it in to my computer and itunes doesn't even recognise the IPad is sticking into it and still it won't charge. All my IPad has on it is a battery with a red flashing thing and a charging sign at the bottom. I have tried multiple chargers and I have tried turning it on. I've looked all over youtube but no one seems to have my problem. Do I have to visit the apple store? Please help!

iOS 7.1, my iPad is around 1 & 1/2 years old

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 3:41 PM

5 replies

Mar 15, 2014 3:47 PM in response to irene.lisa

Having to "fiddle around" with the cord tells you there is most likely a problem with your cable. Purchase a new Apple cable. Note that once the battery has completely drained it may take up to an hour before the ipad responds. Let it charge for an hour then reset your device. Press and hold the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Let go of the buttons and let the device restart.

If the iPad restarts let it continue to charge until it gets to 100%.

If the iPad still does not start Make an appointment at an Apple Store to have your device examined by a technician. Or contact Apple Support.

Why won't my IPad recognize that it is being charged?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.