Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Latest iPhone to iTunes sync problems march 2014 Mac user ???

Does anyone have a working solution to the sync problems after the last up date March 2014

I can't find the answer via apple etc ??

MacBook Pro, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 6:13 PM

7 replies

Mar 16, 2014 11:42 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Yes sorry It looks like lots of people have the same problem, after the latest up date on the 2nd of March ? from apple on the iphone, it will no longer sync's with the Mac pro lap top, hence I can't back up, I dont use and don't want to use icloud as a back up, Its better for me to use the lap top as a back up.

Its seems like this is a big problem, yet aplle don't seem to be sorting it out ?

Thanks

Mar 16, 2014 12:17 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Theres a number of people have issues from the latest up dates, it an up date issue ?

I'm using Iphone 5 iOS 7.1

And I'm using the 11.1.5 everything is up to date,

I wish I hadn't updated it ! I've looked for help, theres people with the problem, but the only answers coming back are the normal ones they havent got it up dated, etc

Thanks

I will be ringing apple tomo as they don't seem to be answering emails with this problem

Mar 16, 2014 12:32 PM in response to None Techno

You haven't said whether you are using Mavericks. If you aren't, then I suppose that it's possible that 7.1 follows Mavericks in removing the ability to sync using iTunes - it would make logical sense to bring it into line, since Apple believe that you should be syncing with iCloud. However I haven't seen any official announcement about this so far. The manual for the iPhone with 7.1 mostly talks about syncing music using iTunes, but it does say not to sync calendars and contacts both through iTunes and iCloud, which implies that it is still possible to use iTunes (as long as you are not using Mavericks, of course).

Mar 17, 2014 3:31 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thanks for the reply, That's interesting, I've had no problems with syncing up to now, My diary updates via icloud, but I have a system back up direct to my laptop, which as soon as I plug my iphone into the mains its automatic,

I've not updated to Maverick, I have backed up my iphone 5 via icloud, ( for the first time ) having never backed up via icloud, this took 9 hours. I don;t like the way you would have to buy extra storage, when I should be able to back up via my lap top ?

With out confussing the issue I'm looking at buying a ipad and will want to link the 3 devices up, which is straight forward BUT, I did have issues when using email system on my mac and linking to the iphone together, when I openned mail on my iphone it wiped it from my lap top, but I needed to reply via the lap top, due to the size of the screen, The problem could have been because im using ( pop )

To get round this, I turned icloud off on mail, which then allowed me to view and keep emails on both devices,

Hence we come back to the begining why I back up to my lap top ?

So I would like the option of the lap top back up,

Still confussed but working thru the problems

Latest iPhone to iTunes sync problems march 2014 Mac user ???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.