Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto is to updated to load on my computer

So, I have a 15" mac book pro mid 2010 laptop. I updated to Mavericks which caused a lot of problems. My computer would randonly shut down on me all the time. So I took it to mac store, they thought it was my logic board, I payed $310 to get it fixed. I still had the problem. Long story short, I rebooted my computer to manufacturing state. Problem is, my time machine is backed up to my old Mavericks software. So I couldn't use it to reload my computer. The reboot worked, so I'm happy I did it. Problem is, the app store doesn't even give me the option to download iPhoto. (all the iLife apps iMovie, Pages, ect) So my question is:

1. How do I download iPhoto for my computer that is Version 10.6.8.

2. How do I get my photos on my time machine (external harddrive) back onto my computer.

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 9:29 PM

1 reply

Mar 15, 2014 9:46 PM in response to Laurizzle

1. How do I download iPhoto for my computer that is Version 10.6.8.

You can not - there is no download available - reinstall from the original source

Could be

1 - the restore disks that came with the computer

or

2 - the iLife DVD that you purchased

or

3 - the app store - log in under the Apple id used to purchase the software or to set up the computer - look under purchases - you might have to unhide or accept the Application first

2. How do I get my photos on my time machine (external harddrive) back onto my computer.

Use Time Machine to restore the iPhoto library - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1427?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

LN

iphoto is to updated to load on my computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.