Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has unapproved caller on screen securityagent may only be invoked by apple software

Has unapproved caller on screen securityagent may only be invoked by apple software i do not know how to fix this problem

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 11:18 PM

20 replies

Mar 16, 2014 7:22 AM in response to Ngairebarbara

The startup drive is failing, or there is some other internal hardware fault.

Make a "Genius" appointment at an Apple Store, or go to another authorized service provider.

Back up all data on the internal drive(s) before you hand over your computer to anyone. There are ways to back up a computer that isn't fully functional — ask if you need guidance.

If privacy is a concern, erase the data partition(s) with the option to write zeros* (do this only if you have at least two complete, independent backups, and you know how to restore to an empty drive from any of them.) Don’t erase the recovery partition, if present.

Keeping your confidential data secure during hardware repair

Apple also recommends that you deauthorize a device in the iTunes Store before having it serviced.

*An SSD doesn't need to be zeroed.

Apr 11, 2014 8:51 PM in response to Ngairebarbara

This problem is very easy to tackle , this is how i did this.
so, go to apple care when when you dont know what to do about this .
I had same problem few days back,
so what you have to do is few simple steps:

1. press power botton on macbook.

2. keep pressing command + r till it redirects you to recovery mode.

3. now you will be promptd to select lang, select your preference if other than english >> continue.

4. you will be directed to dailog box cantaining install osx and disk utility and other two options.

5. then select disk utility.

6. u will see repair permissions etc.

7. ask for repair prmission , if granted repair disk this will take few minutes.

8. after completion restart mac.

this will most probably work if not u might hv done somthing incorrect , give it one more try.

problem still persist then you need to go to apple care and you might losse your data.

Hope this work for you...

May 6, 2014 6:15 PM in response to Ngairebarbara

I had a similar issue. When I turned on my MacBook Pro it would spool and then show the unapproved caller/agent message. I took it into an approved Apple repair service and they ran a PRAM reset, and it has fixed the issue (a couple days running strong now). Below are the instructions from Apple Support on how to perform a PRAM reset, if you're using Mavericks.

Note: To print these instructions, open Help Viewer’s Action pop-up menu (looks like a gear), then choose Print.

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Option, Command (⌘), P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
  3. Turn on your Mac.
  4. Immediately press and hold the Option-Command-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.Continue holding the keys down until your Mac restarts, and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
  5. Release the keys.

Resetting PRAM may change some system settings and preferences. Use System Preferences to restore your settings.

May 10, 2014 7:12 PM in response to Ngairebarbara

This is the only thing that worked for me, and believe me, short of blaming hardware, I tried many things!

After doing lots of reading everywhere and trial and error, and getting very frustrated about this stupid "Ununapproved caller" apple message this is what worked for me:

(Please pay close attention to the way the text is written and when there is a space. If you don't enter it exactly, it won't work)

- Start on single user mode: Hit the Command and S keys at start-up

Wait until the writing stops completely

-At the line, type (after root): /sbin/fsck -fy (space after the k)

Hit the ENTER key

wait until it finishes and says "... appears to be OK"

next, type: /sbin/mount -uw / (space after the t and after the w)

Hit the ENTER key

then type: rm -Rf /var/folders/* (space after the m and the f)

Hit the ENTER key

Run FSCK again (I did, just in case, but you may not have to):

/sbin/fsck -fy

Finally, type REBOOT, hit ENTER and wait until computer starts.

Hope it works for you all as well as it did for me! User uploaded file

Has unapproved caller on screen securityagent may only be invoked by apple software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.