Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't hear what i've recorded in logic 9. PLEASE HELP!

OK. So.... i'm definitely awful at logic but i've used it a lot in the past. I've googled this like 50 times and i've done everything.

First off, my problem:

So, I'm recording audio trackson logic 9 through an mbox2. I have my guitar plugged in. Hit record, and I can hear what i'm playing and I can see the wave forms being recorded and all is fine. BUT when I want to hear it back I can't hear anything. The wave forms are there and it's definitely playing because meter things are moving next to the sliders in the mixing window (sorry i'm having a blank and can't think of the right term).

So far i've made sure that "software monitoring" is checked. My output device is definitely the digidesign mbox2. It's not my head phones because I can hear my instrument being played while i'm recording and, I've even gone to the audio midi setup and created an aggregate device.

Oh, one last thing. I recently upgraded to Apple Mavericks. I don't know if that changes anything but I never had this problem before mavericks?

Please help asap! I need to get these demos sent away! :'(

Dion.

Logic Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 11:30 PM

3 replies

Mar 16, 2014 12:59 AM in response to dionshaw

dionshaw wrote:

OK. So.... i'm definitely awful at logic but i've used it a lot in the past. I've googled this like 50 times and i've done everything.

"Doing everything" sounds comprehensive, but is says nothing. It would be more useful if you could simply list what you have done/tried. Because if you truly did everything, then your problem has been proven unsolvable.

But you can't know that, you're awful at logic. I hope you're better with Logic Pro X.

dionshaw wrote:

So, I'm recording audio trackson logic 9 through an mbox2. I have my guitar plugged in. Hit record, and I can hear what i'm playing and I can see the wave forms being recorded and all is fine. BUT when I want to hear it back I can't hear anything. The wave forms are there and it's definitely playing because meter things are moving next to the sliders in the mixing window (sorry i'm having a blank and can't think of the right term).

So far i've made sure that "software monitoring" is checked. My output device is definitely the digidesign mbox2. It's not my head phones because I can hear my instrument being played while i'm recording and, I've even gone to the audio midi setup and created an aggregate device.

Can you put up a screenshot of the guitar channel strip and the output channel strip? Just so we can see the complete signal flow from track to output.

Like this:

User uploaded file

Software Monitoring on or off does not affect the playback of a recorded track.

Are your headphones plugged into the direct out on the M-Box? In that case you should turn off software monitoring, because you would double up the signal (if it were all routed correctly), which would sound like you've introduced a flanger or even a slapback delay on the input.

I can't hear what i've recorded in logic 9. PLEASE HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.