Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro X missing file warning

For a long time I had 32 gb worth of movies on my desktop and imported into Final Cut Pro. So, i deleted the clips only from of my desktop in order to make room for disk space. Now, when I go to my project in FCP there is a warning that says "missing file" and the clips I put together are no longer there, but some of them are. Is this just a glitch or are the files actually gone and do I need to reimport them? Thank you for all your help!!!

Final Cut Pro X, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 10:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2014 1:34 AM

FCP X must have access to the real media files wherever they reside.

If the real media files that have been imported to FCP X are gone or the file path to them is broken or changed then as far as FCP X is concerned they are missing.

If these clips are in the Trash you would have to put them back to the original place.

If the Trash was emptied then re-import.

If you moved them; eg. to another drive then re-link.

Al

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2014 1:34 AM in response to hrbrocks

FCP X must have access to the real media files wherever they reside.

If the real media files that have been imported to FCP X are gone or the file path to them is broken or changed then as far as FCP X is concerned they are missing.

If these clips are in the Trash you would have to put them back to the original place.

If the Trash was emptied then re-import.

If you moved them; eg. to another drive then re-link.

Al

Final Cut Pro X missing file warning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.