Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do long exports "garble" at 05:57:56? Video exports fine otherwise. FCP 10.1.1 New Mac Pro

I believe I started having this issue at 10.1.0 I hoped upgrading would help.

I have routinely exported 11 hour long videos from FCP in the past.

New Mac Pro cylinder currently, but issue also happened on my MBP prior.

So, new install on new computer, same problem. I've dittched preferences. I used the repair feature in Digital Rebellion App.

Any suggestions?

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 16, 2014 1:33 AM

14 replies

May 22, 2014 4:13 AM in response to LucidTV

I can no longer export compressed videos longer than 05:57:56 even using Compressor.

Mac Pro (late 2013)

FCPX 10.1.1

Compressor 4.1.1

To be clear, I can export an 11 hour Master clip from FCPX. But then I have not way of compressing these clips for further use.

Compressor does not work. Direct from FCPX does not work. Direct from Quicktime does not work.

I upgraded to a fully loaded Mac Pro because of these long exports. I really need help with this.

love

May 22, 2014 4:37 AM in response to LucidTV

LucidTV wrote:

or 4.1.1

To be clear, I can export an 11 hour Master clip from FCPX. But then I have not way of compressing these clips for further use.

What format are your original media? And what specifically to you mean by compressing for future use. What are the export settings that are producing these results?

Russ

May 22, 2014 5:00 AM in response to Russ H

Original media is:

11 hour long

ProRes 422, Linear PCM, Timecode,

Compressing for upload to YouTube .

Export settings from Compressor: HD 720p from the "Video Sharing Services".

I've testing using multiple export methods. Same problem, at 05:57:56 the video becomes garbled as if it's compressed at extreme low bitrates. Audio seems fine.

I've been doing these videos for over 2 years now... Only after FCX 10.1.0 did the issue show up.

love

May 22, 2014 6:19 AM in response to LucidTV

LucidTV wrote:

I've been doing these videos for over 2 years now... Only after FCX 10.1.0 did the issue show up.

So if the PR Master File is OK and if you're bringing it into Compressor as a stand-alone video file, it sounds to me more like a Compressor problem than a FCP X problem.

That said, I have zero experience in working with such long duration movies and just guessing at what might be going on. Have you tried exporting from FCP X as a master file using the Web Hosting settings? That would give you an H.264 MOV with slightly lower bit rates than the YT preset uses, but I would expect the quality to be pretty decent…if it works.

Russ

May 22, 2014 7:32 AM in response to Russ H

Exporting fails from FCX (other than Master), Quicktime (export 720p) or Compressor all fail.

Just failed test: using master file exporting in Compressor using the "Apple Device" setting.

Previsously in this thread, I said I had success. I think this was using an old export setting in compressor. I can't find that setting now that I've upgraded.

I feel like I tried it all, but will try the "web hosting" settings you suggest.

May 22, 2014 9:54 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Thanks Louis, those options could have worked to get a file out, but the software is not optimized for use with the new Mac Pro fully loaded that I'm using. I've just posted that I was able to finally export from FCPX directly using the "Export File" option.

My 11+ hour long relaxations videos are very popular on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psdLqhWmhe8&list=PLT6TY7eRibNxmCm-s_DtWfzYwQPQIxY mQ&feature=share

If you are curious, I discovered that people liked long videos after I had posted my own recording of 7+ hours of vacuum cleaner sound. Yes... vacuum cleaner hehehe... very long story, it's my fav "white noise" sound since, well, birth. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hERLH3Q-hCQ for the first vac sound uploaded.

Why do long exports "garble" at 05:57:56? Video exports fine otherwise. FCP 10.1.1 New Mac Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.