Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Support for multiple libraries on iTunes server

Hi All

I need help to understand if the following is possible, and if so, how I can best go about getting this working.

I have all of my music on my server, which iTunes can see. Why I try and use Homeharing on my iPad it just takes too long to create the music library on the iPad (i waited about 3 minutes and gave up). Therefore I had an idea. Currently all of my music is in a library called My Music. What I was thinking was that if I could seperate the music out so that multiple libraries were available via Homesharing on the ipad i could choose a suitable library, and not have to wait to load the entire music library each time.

Therefore, I thought I'd start with an easy split - creat a library of music for my young daughter. That way she can have access to her music, and I never need to see it within my library. I 've gone into itunes to create a new library for her music, but the only way i can se to create a new library is to log on as a different usr in iTunes.

All i ultimately want is a solution whereby i can have multiple libraries available whenever we open up the Homesharing option in iPad / Ipod Music player app. Is this possible?

iPad (3rd generation) Wi-Fi, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 16, 2014 4:29 AM

1 reply

Support for multiple libraries on iTunes server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.