Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Usb Superdrive installation problem

I recently got my new macbook pro 13 inch retina with a usb superdrive, It plays dvd's and stuff, but when i want to install my programs(like spectrasonics omnisphere) it doesnt install.

Im getting stuck at the ''Preparing for install' tab. Im waiting for hours and its not going any further.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 16, 2014 5:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2014 5:22 AM

My suggestion is to Return the Apple Superdrive for a refund and then buy any other brand external DVD drive that connects by USB port. All other brands work with Mac computers. It doesn't have to have the Apple name on it for it to work properly.

In my opinion the Apple branded drive is one of the worst on the market. It is both to expensive and only works with Mac computers that do not come with a built in DVD drive. Basically useless on other Mac computers and any other brand computer. Not only that but they seem to fail way to often and early in there life cycle.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2014 5:22 AM in response to rubinjo13

My suggestion is to Return the Apple Superdrive for a refund and then buy any other brand external DVD drive that connects by USB port. All other brands work with Mac computers. It doesn't have to have the Apple name on it for it to work properly.

In my opinion the Apple branded drive is one of the worst on the market. It is both to expensive and only works with Mac computers that do not come with a built in DVD drive. Basically useless on other Mac computers and any other brand computer. Not only that but they seem to fail way to often and early in there life cycle.

Usb Superdrive installation problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.