Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Show movie rentals only

Is it possible to filter out movies that are for purchase rather than rental. There seems to be a significant increase in movies offered for purchase and makes it very difficult to use Apple TV as a movie rental device when searching for titles.

Posted on Mar 16, 2014 5:00 AM

12 replies

Jul 11, 2014 9:38 PM in response to lizdance40

Thanks I am aware, I have multiple choices, apple, amazon, netflix, m-go. They are all at the whim of studios whether you have to buy or rent.

None of this really has to do with price per se but being able to search for a rental versus a purchase on iTunes. I honestly do not really want to buy something I am only going to watch once. I have a bunch of apps that pollute my library, I have a bunch of single songs that pollute my library, just would rather keep things more tidy by not purchasing a bunch things I don't need or will only watch once. Limiting clutter, physical or digital. That's all.

vazandrew, Thanks for the link, form submitted, fingers crossed.

Apr 10, 2015 9:20 PM in response to judysings

I have to agree with the original poster. It seems that the majority of content is now only available for purchase and this is a bit frustrating, especially after a long day at work when I just want to simply rent a movie.

I personally am never going to purchase a movie, and I'm sure there are many others who feel the same.

It really wouldn't be very difficult to make a simple filter setting such as "show only movies available for rent."

I thought Apple was supposed to make it simple, not frustrating?!?!

Show movie rentals only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.