Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New computer....Itunes will not sync my new songs.

I bought a new computer. I logged in with my apple ID and my library is showing on this computer. Much of my songs did not transfer over from computer to computer...and thats ok. The problem is...when I added new songs to my new computer they will not sync to my ipod. How can I get my ipod to sync to my library on my new computer without deleting songs from the old computer's itunes library. It's all under the same apple ID.

iPod shuffle

Posted on Mar 16, 2014 5:55 AM

1 reply

Mar 16, 2014 6:43 AM in response to tangyqt14

Your Apple ID generally does not matter for syncing iPods. iPods (that are not iPod touch) are associated with an iTunes library (not an Apple ID), if you are using automatic syncing (instead of the manual method) to load content. An iPod can only be set up to sync to one iTunes library at at time. So, if that iPod is currently set up to sync to the iTunes library on your old computer, you will not be able to sync new songs from your new iTunes library without having iTunes replace the iPod's existing content with content from the new iTunes library. Any songs on the iPod that are not in your new iTunes library will be lost.

Ideally, you should transfer your complete iTunes library from the old computer to the new computer. iTunes on the new computer will then look like iTunes on the old computer. The iPod will see that the iTunes library on the new computer is the same as the library on the old computer, and continue to sync as before. If this is possible in you situation, you can post back for more info.

If you no longer have access to your old iTunes library on your old computer, what you need to do is off-load the songs on the iPod to your computer's drive and add them to your new iTunes library. You cannot use iTunes to transfer song files from iPod to computer, except for songs purchased from the iTunes Store. iTunes syncing is generally in one direction only, from the computer's iTunes library to the iPod. However, there are third-party methods and utilities that can transfer from iPod to computer. If you do an Internet search on something like "ipod transfer," you should get some links. (The CNET article seems to be popular.)

Once ALL of your songs (new and old) are consolidated in the new iTunes library, you can sync the iPod to the new iTunes library. You may even want to do a Restore on the iPod, to erase it and give it a "fresh start." If your new iTunes library has ALL of your songs, erasing the iPod is not a problem.

New computer....Itunes will not sync my new songs.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.