Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My battery capacity decreases per charge!!!

Hi guys I need help, I am very frustrated about this matter 😟, This is my first macbook pro retine late 2013 the latest one out yet 4gb ram baseline model with the dubal core i5. I started playing LOL or League of Legends an online game a few weeks back.

When I did start I was completely hooked and played multiple hours even with the battery charger plugged in. The battery lost its total capacity from 6300 its about 6200 then it fell 6150 ok then I statred carying ok I LOVE MY MAC AND ITS BATTERY.

So i went like ok i will play max 40 mins per day, fine huh 1 time per charge cycle make sure the charge cycle is 20 hrs long I have been trying to do this more or less BUT EVEYTIME I PLAY THE GAME EVEN IF THE CHARGE drop is only 30% my total battery capacity drops.

I am checking this through MULTIPLE apps and every time i play the drop is bloody 0.5 percent and i CANT TAKE IT and when i dont play on a chrge cycle there is NO DROP IN THE OVERALL capacity.

Note i take soo much care when i pay i charge it to 100 and keep it ice cold when i play and its not plugged in. Any advice are the apps wrong is my capacity decresing are macs not meant for gaming or if i conture down this path will i have to eventully replace my battery just any adivce or thoughts on this matter will be VERY APPRECIATED!!! 😢😢😢😟😮😕😠😢

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Mar 16, 2014 7:07 AM

3 replies

Mar 16, 2014 8:07 AM in response to Alik94

When Taxing the system, Running it Hard as most all games do, it will draw power from both the AC charger and the battery at the same time.

The AC charger Apple supplies is not large enough to do both Power the system and charge the battery, or even keep the same charge on the battery, when the system is working hard.

As to the overall capacity of the battery that will go down with the increase of charge cycles.

What you are seeing is completely normal for all Mac notebook computers.

My battery capacity decreases per charge!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.