Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I TRIED TO DELETE FOLDERS IN TIME MACHINE BY PUTTING THEM IN TRASH AND NOW I CANT EMTY TRASH WHAT CAN I DO IN ORDER TO REMOVE THE FILES FROM TRASH WITH AN ERROR 202 THAT IS OCCURING.

Whwn trying to delete folders from time machine to trash an error 202 occurs when trying to emty trash that prevents me from emtying the trash from my Mac whwt can i do to securly emty my trash at this point

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), cant empty trash

Posted on Mar 16, 2014 6:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2014 11:55 AM

Hello,

Did you delete them within Time Machine, or the Finder?

Solving Trash Problems...

http://thexlab.com/faqs/trash.html

6 replies

Mar 28, 2015 7:44 AM in response to BDAqua

I did the same thing. Not smart. I've downloaded Trash It!, but the only items it removes are the files that did NOT come from the Time Machine. Tried moving a daily file to desktop to then remove it using Trash It, but get an error msg:

The operation can’t be completed because one or more required items can’t be found.

(Error code -43)

Please advise

Thanks

Mar 29, 2015 7:18 AM in response to BDAqua

Thanks for your help. I used the OS X daily method, but Terminal couldn't find the drive. I downloaded TrashIt and that didn't seem to work either. So...the next time the dialog box saying the trash is busy doing other things, I selected the LH choice "Skip" and it erased all the Time Machine files I put in it (a bazillion files) and eventually, overnight. Obviously I don't know what happened, but I won't drag Time Machine files to the Trash again.

Again, thanks much.

I TRIED TO DELETE FOLDERS IN TIME MACHINE BY PUTTING THEM IN TRASH AND NOW I CANT EMTY TRASH WHAT CAN I DO IN ORDER TO REMOVE THE FILES FROM TRASH WITH AN ERROR 202 THAT IS OCCURING.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.