Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WHERE is my user loops folder

This is making me incredily upset. I'm currently in the studio recording music and I need to send midi files for my drum tracks, and It worked fine before when I exported them as apple loops BUT NOW I CAN'T FIND THE FOLDER. It's as if apple got mad because I'm not buying logic pro so they specifically went into my computer and deleted the folder. User uploaded file

Look at that! But hey you can keep our loops, you just can't save any of your own and god forbid you want to export them as midis! Go buy our expensive programs or else you can't do anything.

Sorry but I'm very upset. can somebody PLEASE HELP ME FIND MY USER LOOPS. OH MY GOD. WHAT A GRANDIOSE STROKE OF LUCK I HAVE.
Ok sorry for my whining. I just need help and can somebody even tell me where I can install a user loops folder? I hate this so much

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 16, 2014 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2014 9:41 AM

What is your GarageBand version?

Your user loops should be in the User library. Your screenshot looks like you have been browsing the System Library and not your User Library.

The User Library is in your home folder:

Users > your short user name > Library > Audio > Apple Loops > User Loops

If your MacOS X version is no longer 10.6.8, your user library will be hidden by default.

To reveal it, use the "Go" menu in the Finder's menu bar. Hold down the ⌥ key, while selecting "Go", then the User Library will appear in the menu. Open the Library and look in "~/library/audio/apple loops/user loops/single files". You should see your User Loops there.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2014 9:41 AM in response to LaterviAzeuna

What is your GarageBand version?

Your user loops should be in the User library. Your screenshot looks like you have been browsing the System Library and not your User Library.

The User Library is in your home folder:

Users > your short user name > Library > Audio > Apple Loops > User Loops

If your MacOS X version is no longer 10.6.8, your user library will be hidden by default.

To reveal it, use the "Go" menu in the Finder's menu bar. Hold down the ⌥ key, while selecting "Go", then the User Library will appear in the menu. Open the Library and look in "~/library/audio/apple loops/user loops/single files". You should see your User Loops there.

WHERE is my user loops folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.